Monday, November 3, 2008

Our weekend...

Well, I've recovered a bit........LOL.........so I thought I'd take a moment to share about our weekend. :)

We had two things going this weekend....house project with Steve's family here and having a dear friend visit. We hadn't really 'planned' for these to happen at the same time -- they just did! LOL

First, Steve's Dad and his 'little' brother, Paul showed up Friday afternoon. His 'little' brother, Paul, is now 17 and towers over everyone at 6'5"! But, he's a sweetheart and it was fun to have them here. They were so helpful with the house project we're doing. His Dad did a lot of sanding, mudding and prepping the walls for the texture to be sprayed in two weeks. This was so helpful!

But, this also means our house is FULL of dust! YIKES! My sweet hubby forgot to get the plastic and so we have dust everywhere -- LOL! Plus, we have furniture away from the walls, and in the middle of the rooms, so it's quite a 'rough' sight at the moment!

Then, our dear friend Katherine, came in from Iowa on Friday night. She had another friend that was coming to KC for other reasons, so she 'hitched a ride' and came to see us. Katherine and I met in Cuba a couple years ago and she is a sweetie! She's such a dear 'older woman'. We love her and have missed her encouragement, wisdom, and just her friendship since we 've moved. She has such a heart for missions and recently returned from overseas, so we were able to see lots of pictures and listen to all the amazing stories she shared of what God is doing! It was awesome and our boys loved it, too. She stayed through Sunday and went to church with us and we had lunch together, too, which was awesome.

So, we had 3 people staying Friday night and then just Katherine stayed Saturday night. So, between making meals and being 'hospitable' and having a house in chaos, we were so tired by Sunday night! LOL

Our house is coming along -- our walls are ready for the texture! Two weeks! :) It'll be great to get that done, but it'll mean ........ MORE DUST! YIKES! I'll be ready when all this is over, that's for sure. But, I'm not in too much of a hurry because I have yet to decide on paint colors! I just can't seem to make up my mind -- hopefully soon!

Oh..........a highlight of this weekend.........Katherine and I went to IHOP on Saturday, to the prayer room because she'd never been there, and guess who I saw? Kristi Cooper! Remember her? She and her husband stayed here in September when they adopted their new baby, Shiloh. Well, we hadn't seen them since they left, so when I saw her in the prayer room, I just had to go up and give her a big hug. We were so excited to see each other again! And, to see Shiloh -- oh my! She is so beautiful and has grown up so much in 5 weeks!!!! We got to chat a bit and then they came to the early service on Sunday to sit with us and I got to hold Shiloh all during church! What a treat! We also told them we'd LOVE to babysit sometime, so hopefully we'll get to do that soon!

Well, that's the 'nutshell' of our weekend.......time to get off here and figure out what's for supper seeing as how it's 5:15pm! LOL I'm thinking......Tacos! ;0

No comments: