Today was yet another trip to the UMKC Dental School for another appt. This time it was just for Nate. He got his partial braces, only on the upper teeth, in front, and then he also got 'leveling' thingies (LOL). We go again in two weeks for him to get a 'lower holding arch' on the bottom, and then finally we'll be down to 1x per month with him! YEAH! Two more times with Brennan, getting teeth pulled, and braces adjusted, and we'll be down to 1x per month with him as well. Whew ... such an ordeal this has been! I have spent so much time driving and then sitting in the waiting room! BOOOORRRRRIIIIINNNNNGGGGG! LOL
Oh well....we're getting there.
But, I have to tell you a funny.....today when we went and walked in past the 'regular' dental department to the ortho department, I caught sight of a woman with a dentist and it appeared her hands were bound together. I did a double take, but didn't want to stare, and was like, "Hmmm.....he looked like someone from jail or something." But, then just kinda blew it off as we hopped on the elevator and headed to our department. But, as we get nearer to our department and walk past the bathrooms, a man comes out of the bathroom with shackles on his feet, and his hands bound together and attached to a belt around his waist. He also has a green plastic thingie entirely over his mouth and was obviously getting some dental work done. He appeared to be with his Mom, but I don't know. I realized then that it must have been a 'prison' or 'jail' day! I tried not to stare, but it was kinda intriguing to know that we were getting dental work in the same place as prisoners! LOL And, we saw some police guards, so I'm sure this is where they bring the inmates for dental work since it's a dental school, downtown KC, and a lot cheaper!
Oh, I wish you could have seen the looks on the boys faces when they saw that guy. They hadn't seen the woman and I didn't point her out! So, when they saw the guy, both their eyes bugged out! And, they were planning to go into the bathroom, but when they saw that guy come out of the bathroom, they both turned on a dime and headed the other direction with panic on their faces! It was all I could do to not crack up at them. They are sure getting an 'education' by going downtown KC for their dental work!
Last week, I had a guy, who appeared to be homeless, say "Hiiiiii there gorgeous..." to me and smile as we were walking to our car, too! So, the boys are not sure about this going downtown stuff! LOL
But, I feel safe...there are lots of UMKC students everywhere and all sorts of 'normal' people just like us trying to save a buck this way. But, there's definitely more of a mix of people than found in Lenexa, or back home in Ankeny! LOL
Anyway....we're now home, after a 3 hr. round trip today, and ready for some R & R! Nate's feeling great -- no problems, and Brennan's mouth is finally settling down -- so, all is well at the moment for them. :)
1 comment:
Not sure I'm liking seeing my nephews in braces. It makes them both look sooooo grown up!
Post a Comment