Monday, September 15, 2008

I'm back! :)

Hmmmm.....I look back over the recent weeks and there's sure been a lack of posts, huh? I guess it's been hard to blog because they seem so repetitive: Steve's home, Steve's gone; Steve's home, Steve's gone......lol

So, yep -- Steve is now gone again. :( He was home for the weekend, but left EARLY this morning, once again to head back to Iowa. The hope is that we only have one more week of this, and then he'll be back in KC for a good while; hopefully, permanently again! :) It's getting easier to say good-bye, which I'm not quite sure yet if that's a good or bad thing, but it is getting easier. I still don't like him being gone, but I know that we'll survive and he'll be home in a few days again. I hate being a single parent, but I can do it. We're getting through this very rough stretch....we're surviving. :)

We had a great weekend. It's always great to have Steve back home and we loved that! But, Mark and Megan (Steve's brother and wife) were in KC this weekend for Mark's work, so Saturday night we kept their two boys, Charlie and Tommie, while they went to a meeting with the girls. We had a blast! Charlie is 4 and Tommie is almost 2. Tommie has grown so much since we last saw him and he had us laughing the entire night. He was so cute! We could not believe how much he's changed. They spent the night with us and went to church with us the next morning.

Then, Mark and Meg came over and us adults went out to a nearby Indian Restaurant - YUM! Mark had never had Indian food and wanted to try it because Megan loves it, so we all went out for lunch. We left all the kids home alone at our house.....2 miles away. :) It is so wierd to have kids old enough to be left alone! lol They did great and enjoyed the movie and pizza we had for them. :)

We had a great time with Mark and Megan. I could not ask for better in-laws. We miss them being here close by and hope they eventually move back!!!! They have to come back for another work thing in October, so we're looking forward to seeing them again in about a month! Yeah! :)

So, that was most of our weekend, other than just hanging out as a family and enjoying each other.....it went by so fast and before I knew it......Steve was leaving again. :(

I'm soooooooooooooo greatful for the invention of the telephone, though! That way we're able to talk once or twice a day! :)

No comments: