So, this means.........I agreed to pay lots of money to have my kids' teeth look a lot better than they do right now! Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa........
Good thing my husband has a job and we have at least some dental insurance!It's so crazy expensive, and we're even going to the dental school! Sigh.......
But, especially with Brennan, it's TOTALLY worth it. We've noticed over the last year or so, he's not been smiling as much or trying to smile with this mouth partially closed, because his two 'canine' teeth stick out and he's become pretty self-conscious about it. He's really excited to get his braces next week! Nate, we had the option of waiting another year, but the price was the same to do 1 phase or 2, so we just decided to do it 'right' and get it started, too.
They both take after their father, what can I say? lol
So.........I paid the 'down payment' and now we get to make monthly payments to the school for the next year. Fun times at the Bandermans.........
Oh, I have to tell you a 'funny' -- we walked out of meeting with the doctors and the lady at the front desk, who is just a bit 'ditzy', looks at me with a big smile on her face and says, "OH! You got them off! Wow, you're teeth look so great!" And, I just looked at her, looked behind me to see who she was talking to, and then looked at the boys and we all started laughing! Somehow, she thought I had just gotten my braces off and was complimenting me on my 'newly straight teeth'. I tried to explain to her that I wasn't there for me, but the boys had a consult and they were about to be getting braces, but she just looked at me and said, "Oh." and looked away.
So, all the way out, the boys and I were giggling -- kinda funny. :)
1 comment:
LOL!
The last time I took my kids to the dentist, I was told I should start saving for the little two and pray hard that the big one's don't shift much when she gets big teeth. Great. In a couple years I'll be in your shoes. :P
Post a Comment