Thursday, September 25, 2008

Kirk Cameron

I just mentioned the movie, Fireproof, that is coming out this weekend, but today I heard something about the main actor, Kirk Cameron, that is too cool! Check this out: ttp://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26851749

Ok....time for all honesty here........I remember watching him on, "Growing Pains" and thinking he was soooooooooo cute! lol

But, as I grew older, I just kinda 'lost sight' of him and didn't think about him. Then, the Christian movies, "Left Behind" series came out and I heard he'd become a Christian and such, so I was intrigued -- not for the 'childish crush' I had as a kid, but I was curious what life would be like for him in Hollywood now that he was a Christian. I mean, would he continue with high morals and values or be swept away by "Hollywood"?

Well, today when I read this story and then watched the news clips, I was sooooooooo thrilled and have such respect for this man. Here he is in Hollywood and he refuses to kiss another woman, even in an acting role, other than his wife! How amazing is that......in Hollywood! He and his wife have been married 17 years and she was a 'stand in' during this movie when there was a kissing scene and so they just showed a 'silhouette' of them kissing -- but it was actually his REAL wife during the kissing scene!

I was so shocked when I read that and even more excited to see that with a man of integrity playing the main part! :)

2 comments:

The Naths said...

That's cool about the kiss. I saw him last year on some TBN show being interviewed. Cool story. He has like 5 kids or something too. (I think it was five....a lot whatever it is.) I had a crush on him back then too. Remember Bop magazine? LOL! It was some teen mag back then...Well they had all kinds of pics of him one issue and I cut them all out and hung them up in my room! LOL! What a goof I was!

Amy said...

Hey there! I found you off titus2 :)
I just wanted to say that I saw the interview this morning on this and just thought it was very honoring to his wife! What a man! Loved that!