Yes, I know -- many of you probably didn't even know we were gone, right? :) But, we WERE gone -- since Thursday, and now we're home. :) The boys and I went to Tulsa, Oklahoma to visit my very dear friend, Jackie. I met her 18 years ago on the mission field in Venezuela when we were both just teenagers! We have been friends ever since and are both married - she has 4 kids and we of course, have our two. They are 'based' out of Tulsa; however, they've lived the last 2 yrs. in Kazakhstan and are now heading to Romania in 2 weeks! Her husband, Clint, is in the oil industry and will manage a new office in Romania. So, she was home for 2 months and we took the opportunity to see each other, being only 4 hours apart now!
It's been 7 years since we've seen each other and we had a blast! She's so great and her children are, too (Clint's great, too, but he is in Kaz right now packing up their house and will be home to Tulsa in a couple weeks and then they're off to Romania!). It was so awesome to see her and the kiddos again -- we had a great time!
Right now, we've just traveled and are home and TIRED.....EXHAUSTED, actually! lol So, I'll post more later and hopefully get my camera to cooperate and download some photos.
No comments:
Post a Comment