Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Update on the Vehicle

Well, the car is still in the shop. :( But, at least we seem to be getting to the root of things. Seems that we have some major wiring issue. I guess one of the wires got really hot and actually melted part of it. The mechanic said this shouldn't be happening in a 2005, so he's not sure what the deal is or why it is happening. He said they're 'following the wire' and trying to figure out where it's coming from for sure. We're looking at $300-400! Ugh! BUT.......Steve and I both agree that we'd rather get this figured out which seems to be the 'bottom line' than to keep having issues and having things fixed but not really getting to the root of it, ya' know?

Anyway--- hopefully I'll have my car back tomorrow! :)

2 comments:

Dena said...

So how are you getting anywhere around the city? I know I would be so lost without my vehicle. I'm driving one of the tractors to the mall. LOL

Debi said...

I'm using Steve's. He and his co-worker took the co-worker's vehicle to VA. So, at least I have a vehicle; however, Steve's car doesn't have air conditioning (ugh!) so I'm really ready to get my car back as it's getting warm and muggy here again! The mechanic called today and said they need yet another day on it, so I won't get it back till tomorrow! Bummer!