Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Vehicle Issues

I am so irritated -- our car is back in the shop.....a new shop!

We had our car in about a month ago to fix the 'oil pressure' light that was coming on. Well, then right after getting it out of the shop, the left turn signal wasn't acting right. We took it back in, but they swore it had nothing to do with what they did, but was the turn signal switch or something. Yeah right! I am SURE it was something they did because all the symptoms were so weird. But, they didn't speak very good English either, so it was hard to know really what was going on. But, they didn't want to fix it again -- rather wanted to charge us $200 for a new switch. Grrr! I was so frustrated. Well, we were heading to Iowa, so we just left it. The car worked fine and you just had to manually make the left turn signal work.

Anyway........today I ran and errand and stopped at a store. When I got back in the car and started it up, I couldn't get it to move out of park! Ugh! So, I called Steve -- who's in Virginia, remember, and was really no help! lol Finally, after moving this and that, I somehow got it to move out of park and got it in reverse and made it home.

Well, wouldn't you know -- on the way home, the turn signal started working! Go figure! But, then I got home and in the driveway and tried to get it in reverse again -- and it was a no go. BUMMER!

So, I called Steve again -- what to do? We decided not to take it back to the place we had it at as we're sure they messed things up, but we can't prove anything and they're not willing to take any responsibility and were pretty rude last time. So, I called around and finally found a place where I got a super nice guy on the phone and he was so helpful.

AAA was called and now they're here taking our car away to hopefully be fixed RIGHT this time! Ugh! We had a great mechanic in Iowa and I'm sure missing him right about now!

1 comment:

Dena said...

Oh man that stinks! And of course things like this never happen when the man is around. LOL I hope this new places gets you fixed up right.