Monday, August 11, 2008

Hello

I just realized it's been a few days since I've blogged -- hmmmmmmm......did ya' all miss me? :)

Well, let's see.........my trip to Iowa was wonderful! I got to see some dear friends that I have seen in quite awhile, so that was so great! And, I got to see my friends' twin sons, who are almost 6 months old and I hadn't seen yet. They are soooooooooo adorable and I loved getting to finally 'meet' them! So, it was wonderful to 'connect' with some people again. The boys both had a great day with their friends and loved every minute of it, too. And, Chrissy had a great day with her Mom, even finding her wedding dress! She looks absolutely beautiful in it -- can't wait to see her on that day! But, the time just flew by and before long we were on our way back to KC, getting in about 10pm. Loooooooooooonnnnnnnngggggggg day, with lots of driving -- but it was wonderful and I'm so grateful we can run back for a brief time of seeing friends like that! :)

Since then....we've been busy getting ready for school to start. Nate starts this Thursday and is so excited to see his friends again. And, he just found out which teacher he got and he's so thrilled as it's the one he wanted! Brennan starts the following Wednesday and is anxious as well -- new school and new friends -- he's excited! But, there's just been a lot to do in making sure they're both enrolled correctly and all the forms are in, etc. etc.

So, that's what's been keeping me busy! :)

Steve is back in Iowa for a couple days here and we're missing him......again! I'll be glad when these seasons of traveling are over -- hopefully in the next couple months! For now, we're just trying to be thankful for a job and income. :)

Well, that's about it -- nothing too exciting or major from here. Oh, we're also busy watching THE OLYMPICS! Especially gymnastics! I love watching women's gymnastics and especially since Shawn Johnson is from West Des Moines, Iowa -- I love cheering on someone from my home state! :)

No comments: