Just thought I’d jot a quick note and let you know some exciting news! No……I’m not pregnant! lol BUT……..about a week ago I had my regular 3-month bloodwork done at my doctor’s office and I just got a call back and they said that my hormone levels and labs were,
NEAR PERFECT!
I was stunned! Near perfect? After being ‘out of balance’ for so long, I was just trying to absorb what they were saying. lol The nurse did go on to say that my estrogen level was still a bit low, but said if I was feeling ok, they’d just leave it since I’ve been off it now for 2 months and seem to be doing well. So, I’m still on the thyroid and prometrium, and will be for at least another 3 months, and maybe for life, but hey – I can deal with that as long as I feel good!
I knew something had turned around in the past month because I was FINALLY feeling ‘normal’, and didn’t have a week of ‘horrible’ as I have for a long time. Plus, the last couple weeks I’ve been back to working out 5-6 days a week and going hard again and feel great – sweating normally and everything! So, I knew something had changed finally to where I could do that again, but this doctor’s call was a nice confirmation that things are finally leveling out!
Being diagnosed with PCOS and hypothyroidism and all of that this past year was one of the hardest things I've ever had to go through. It's so hard when your body goes whacky and you feel so out of control. It's been a long 6 months now of medical intervention to get to this point, but I'm finally, finally, finally beginning to feel like the 'old me' and like myself! I definitely never want to go through what I just went through ever again, but I am so grateful that we were finally able to get to the bottom of things and that I can get back to being active and living life!
Thanks to everyone who's been so incredibly supportive and encouraging as I've walked through this hormonal crazieness!!!!!
1 comment:
I'm very happy for you sis. I really am! You deserve it. :) Love ya!
Post a Comment