Friday, June 13, 2008

Steve's coming home!

Steve will be home any minute from his week in Iowa working and I can't wait to see him. It has been a LOOOOOOOONNNGGGGG week! It will be so great to see him again! He told me last night on the phone that he has to go back to Iowa again next week -- much to my major disappointment! :( What we're going through with his company is beyond frustrating, at the moment! Sigh.......

But, I just want to focus on this weekend and the fact that we 'll be back together as a family!

Although, tomorrow (Sat.) Brennan leaves for the Summer Teen Intensive (Awakening Teen Camp) at IHOP. He'll be gone for 2 weeks. I am so excited for him to have this opportunity, and he's so excited to go! It's kind of a 'church camp', but has a lot more 'intensive' stuff. What he's really excited about this year is that they're having a 'skateboarding track'. So, every afternoon he'll get to focus on skateboarding, with a christian worldview. They'll be doing outreaches at skateparks and sharing the gospel through skateboarding tricks and events (or something like that). He is so excited to bring his two passions together: God and skateboarding. What an amazing opportunity for a teenager! I will miss him like crazy, though! He's gone to church camp before, but it's been only a week. Now, it's two weeks. And, there's a possibility of him staying on for a couple more weeks. We're awaiting word on all that. We shall see, but for sure -- he'll be gone 2 weeks. Thankfully he'll only be about a 1/2 hour away though. That helps my heart! :)

So, this weekend will be pretty busy with Steve home and Brennan leaving. I probably won't post much till next week as we enjoy some family time. Hope you all have a great weekend!

No comments: