So, here we are driving around downtown KC with one way streets and not knowing how to get to where we want to be. Finally, I'm like, 'Ok, God -- you're gonna have to get us there, because I have no idea where I am, or which direction to go, or what. And, I'm sure not gonna stop and ask someone down here!" (some people looked just a tad bit 'scary' to be asking directions of! lol)
And, wouldn't ya' know -- a few minutes later, I meandered my way through traffic and finally found OAK STREET, which I had been looking for all along!!! Woohooo -- God is better than MapQuest! lol
So, we finally made it there after a bunch of extra zigs and zags and then when we came out of there............it was crazy trying to get back onto the interstate. Ended up in some Mexican/Spanish area of town with all store signs in Spanish and with bars on all the doors/windows and knew I needed to figure a way out! lol Thankfully, we did and made it back home!
I felt VICTORIOUS -- I conquered downtown KC and won! (Actually God conquered it...I just drove! lol)
OH......and I have to tell you about our day yesterday.........it was wild! lol
Nate and I went to Aldis for milk and apples (not that you really cared to know what I went for! lol) and as we walked up to the cashier, I see this older couple, probably 80ish and as I looked at them again, I noticed the man seemed to have something wrong with his eye. I was curious, so I wanted to look and yet I didn't want to stare, either.....
So, when they were both looking down/at the cashier, I looked again, trying to figure out what was wrong and noticed he seemed to have a huge growth out of his left eye, which was closest to me. It was all black/blue/red and probably 3-5" around. I was trying to figure it out because there seemed to be a crease on the side toward me. And, all of a sudden, that crease opens and it's an EYE and it blinks and looks right at me! I about lost it and tried to look away, and yet I had to look again and to my horror --
This man had THREE eyes!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, it's true, I'm not lying! The right side of his face was 'normal' and then out of this growth thing, he had two eyes -- one in the front and one on the side! I have never seen such a thing in my life. I felt like I was looking at one of the characters from the Disney movie, "Monsters, Inc." It was beyond bizarre! Nate saw it, too, and his eyes got so huge and he just looked at me and I motioned to him not to say anything until we were in the car.
But, when we got in the car we both just stared at each other and were like, "Uh...did we really just see a 3-eyed man?" We just sat there in the car for a moment, trying to absorb what we just saw. My stomach was queasy and it freaked us out a bit.
And, yet we felt so sorry for this older gentleman. Can you imagine living life like that? I'm sure he's been stared at many times. If it weren't for my preoccupation with looking at it and yet having a very queasy stomach....I wish I would have thought to pray for him! I would have loved to see God heal him and him have a normal face with two eyes! Why not? I mean, if Jesus can spit in some dirt and give a guy his sight in the bible, then why wouldn't he heal this man? Hmm.....Nate and I pondered that the whole way home and we prayed for him.....for God to heal him, but for him also to minister to him.
It was the craziest thing I've ever seen, that's for sure!
2 comments:
sometimes i wonder if the way people are made is part of God's overall plan for our purpose. the gentleman may be thinking...boy all these poor people with only two eyes. he may be the world's best driver since he can eliminate that blind spot! i always used to feel having diabetes was the worst curse in the world..but now im forced to have discipline to combine diet and exercise and rely on God thus ministering to the mind, body, and soul. Had i not have this disease, perhaps I wouldnt have the discipline that I rely so much in my life today.
Good perspective, David! Thanks for sharing -- you're so great! :)
Post a Comment