Monday, June 9, 2008

Disappointing News

Right now my heart is overwhelmed with emotions..........and trying to just trust that God has everything covered.

Steve just left for Iowa with another guy he works for. The company here has run out of work and has put them on 'self-employed' status until they find more work. He's not 'laid off', but just 'sidelined' awhile, I guess. Whatever that means. So, he worked in Sedalia, MO last week and is in Iowa this week, with a couple contacts he has. Beyond that........we don't know what is going to happen. We're taking it one day at a time....

I vascilate between being really angry and frustrated with his company for several reasons that I won't go into, and yet trying to remind myself that God isn't surprised or caught off guard and we can trust in His faithfulness.

I have no idea what God has in store for our family........but, my heart is choosing to believe and trust in more than my emotions. He remains faithful and will show our family the next step.

Please pray for us if you think of it that God will especially direct Steve's steps. He's peaceful and calm and trusting and I'm thankful for his great leadership! But, thankful even more for the faithful leadership of God who knows the plans he has for us (Jeremiah 29:11).

The really sad part about him being gone this week is that on Thursday it's our 15th Anniversary.......and we won't even be together...........what a bummer! :(

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

((((HUGS)))) I am learning the same thing through different circumstances. But, I understand.

The Naths said...

I'm sorry you're having to go through that right now! I'm praying for you guys.

Dena said...

Remember sis these two things:
If HE brings you to it, HE will bring you through it. and...Nothing is going to happen to you that you and God together can't handle.

I'm here if you need a venting board.

Love you guys!

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I'm mad for you! :(

Keep clinging to the promises. :) He's never failed you!