We have now had two close calls this weekend with our children, so they are in for the night and going nowhere! :) Ok, maybe not, but yikes...
Brennan and his friend rode their bikes to the skatepark today (a 'normal') and about 1/2 hour later, he called me to tell me he needed me to come pick him up right away, saying his knee and hip hurt and he'd explain more later. So, I drive there to find out....
He was hit by a car, while riding his bike, on his way to the skatepark! YIKES!
Yes, he was crossing the entrance to Hen House (a local grocery store) and a lady saw the boys and then still went ahead and started leaving the parking lot and ran right into the backside of Bren's bike! He went 'flying' and bruised up his knee badly and scraped a bunch of skin off his hip! He said he didn't know what to do and didn't want to cry in front of the lady, who had stopped and gotten out of her car to see if he was ok, so he just got back up, said he was fine and kept going.
Just before getting to the skatepark, the chain on his bike fell off from being hit. So, he called me because he didn't have bike that worked and the 'shock' had worn off and he realized how much his knee/hip hurt. He wanted his mom...
So, I put his bike in the trunk, brought him home, and Dad was wishing he'd gotten the lady's name! Grrrrrrrrr!
I'm just so thankful for God's protective hand once again this weekend.......so thankful the accident wasn't much, much worse, and that I have a 13 yr. old boy who is scraped up, but ok! Thank you God!
Ok.....truthfully, we are all inside for the night and going to enjoy some boardgames and just hanging out as a family. :) Much safer, I hope. :)
3 comments:
"I wanted to play Mousetrap. You roll your dice, you move your mice, nobody gets hurt."
Bob the Tomato of Veggie Tales fame
(I hope you have a nice, peaceful and safe evening at home.) :)
Goodness! What an eventful weekend for you guys! So glad Brennan is okay!!!
Im glad my nephews are doing well. and you wonder why i dont have children! see what could happen? lol. Overland Park was where I was taken when I was in a coma. Although I was unconscious and dont remember much about the ordeal, what I do remember was how courteous and friendly everyone was. Im glad God was directing everyone's steps that day.
Post a Comment