Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Whirlwind!

Whew! Life has been kind of a whirlwind the past several days! I can't believe it's been almost a week since I last posted! Well......all is good, just busy. We've had stuff almost every day and it's just been busy, busy, busy. :)

Last week was the last time I worked 4 days at the Y! :) It's been a busy 6 weeks there! I was hired to work 2 mornings a week, but somehow it was turning into 4 days there. :) I told them I was fine helping out till this week when the boys were out of school and then I want to be home with them for the summer, and am only interested in a couple mornings a week. So, this week I'm finally on a 'normal' schedule there. :)

Sunday we hung out with our friends, DJ and Tamara, who are also from Iowa. They invited us over for supper that evening. It was really nice to just get to hang out together. We haven't really done that since we moved - it's always been work related stuff, and this time was just a nice grilled supper together and just enjoying the time together. Our kids all had a lot of fun playing together, too. And, they even had bought the food for smores! Yum! I can't remember the last time I had a real smore from the firepit! The boys loved it and it was a great evening together.

Our Memorial Day was spent by me working in the morning (yes, the Y was open and VERY busy!) and then we had Steve's brother and his wife and kids over for the afternoon/evening. They're back here in KC for two weeks. It was so great to see them again and I am just sure their kids grow an inch every time we see them! It's amazing how quickly they're growing up and changing! We had so much fun together, just talking and being together. We've missed not having them in the area anymore! :( We grilled some chicken breasts and had some other yummy food: taco salad, oriental salad, fruit salad, corn on the cob, and brownies & ice cream. It was all yummy and we enjoyed our evening together. It was a very hot and humid day, so we stayed inside in the air conditioning! :)

Last night Mark and Megan invited us to Cinzettis Italian Restaurant here with them and Megan's parents. Our boys love it there, and kids are FREE on Tuesday nights, so we love that, too! :)

Today, Megan and I are spending part of the day alone together. She loves Thai food and so she asked if she could take me to lunch. I've never been to a Thai restaurant, so that should be fun. Yes, much of their time is centered around food this trip! lol She said that in Kentucky they just don't have good restaurants, so they've missed all the 'options' in KC and wan to make sure they hit all their favorites before they go back! lol We've never gotten to spend time just the two of us -- there's always been husbands or kids around, so I'm looking forward to just being together and having an uninterrupted lunch! :) She's a great sister-in-law -- I couldn't ask for any better, actually. I'm blessed that way!

Thursday I work and then that night, their oldest three kids are coming to spend the night with us and hang out with us, and then on Saturday we're all traveling a bit for a family reunion with Steve's extended family.

So, the next several days will be 'go, go, go', too. Whew.......plus, there's always just the 'day-to-day' happenings at the Banderman house that keep us hopping. BUT -- after a BORING, BORING, BORING, fall here, where we didn't know hardly anyone-- I much prefer the busyness! lol (Oh yeah, my neighbor called yesterday and asked me to go to lunch, too so we could 'get to know each other' better! lol We've chatted a lot with the kids around, but not just the two of us. We have great neighbors, for which I'm thankful.)

Anyway -- life is full and busy and good. :) And, the boys get out of school tomorrow and can't wait for summer! The nearby swimming pool is calling their names! Yipeeeeeeeeee! We're working on a summer schedule and creating somewhat of a routine. Not a lot of structure, but there are a few things I want to keep up on this summer -- i.e. Nate's atrocious spelling and handwriting! lol He's bummed that he has to keep working on it, but I know his teacher's will be grateful we did! lol He just does not like handwriting and/or spelling and it does not come easy for him, so we'll be working on that this summer still. So, nothing too major, but just some sense of routine so my kids aren't sitting in front of the computer all day or wanting to just hang out at the pool all day, either. They're both going to church camp, too, and next week Brennan goes to the Jr. Police Academy here for a week, too.

Lots going on, but all is well....... :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Debi. Are you going to be in Iowa at all this summer? The kids and I are visiting July 28 for a week. (If gas isn't $10/gallon by then!) Email me sometime and let me know if you are! ;)