The youngest (adopted) daughter of Christian Music artist, Steven Curtis Chapman, was tragically killed when she was accidentally struck by a vehicle driven by her teenage brother in the driveway of their home. Two children witnessed it and the family was all home. She was life-flighted to Vanderbilt University Hospital and was pronounced dead there. She had just celebrated her 5th birthday just 10 days before and she had also just graduated from 'pre-school'.
My heart is very heavy for them today...I do not personally know this family; however, I have listened to Steven since I was a teenager. His songs always had a huge impact upon my life.
Steven and his family have also been HUGE adoption advocates over the past few years...Maria (held by her father in the pic below) was the youngest of their three adopted children from China.

It was also really sad because soon before this, they had just had an engagement party for their oldest daughter and then their son was to have his graduation party a few hours later.
I cannot imagine the grief this family is going through. Not only to lose their daughter, but to have it happen so tragically by her very own brother. I can only imagine the anguish he is personally going through.
Please, if you get a chance today, pray for the Chapman family, especially his son. You can leave a prayer/encouragement for the Chapman family Here.
Here are a few lines from a song Steven wrote last year about his daughter...
So I will dance with Cinderella
While she is here in my arms
'Cause I know something
The prince never knew
Oh I will dance with Cinderella
I don't want to miss even one song
'Cause all too soon
The clock will strike midnight
And she'll be gone
1 comment:
I had read about this and yes, it's so tragic and heart breaking. I really feel for the son. The person guilt he must feel. I pray their faith brings them through this and that one day soon, the sun will shine for them again. God bless them all.
Post a Comment