Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday

It's Monday and I'm really, really tired today................sigh. It's dreary outside and I'm trying to figure out what happened to the 50 degree weather the weatherman said we'd be having??? I was so looking forward to that!

We had a nice weekend. Steve and I went on a 4 hour date on Saturday which was positively WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!! I love it when we have the opportunity to hang out, just the two of us! We love our boys and love having fun as a family, but we also love our dates and time to just be alone, be silly, have deep talks, and gaze at one another across the table! I love my husband! :) We got to use a gift certificate to The Cheesecake Factory that we'd been given for Christmas. It was so yummy! And, we brought our boys home a slice of cheesecake, too, so the were in heaven! :)

We also toured 3 different gyms this weekend. I'm just not happy where I'm at. I'm beginning to wonder if I'll ever find a gym here in KC that I like! I so miss my gym back in Iowa! They are just so different here! But, we did tour one last night that I was impressed with, but want to try out for a week first, so we'll see....

Brennan loved the weather yesterday and enjoyed 2 hours at the skatepark! He loves skateboarding! While sitting and watching him, I had 2 nice conversations on my cellphone with friends back home! One I hadn't talked to in awhile, so it was great to talk to her and catch up. There's so many people I miss and just love catching up on their lives when we can!

Oh...on Saturday we had some surprise visitors -- our friends John and Laura from Iowa! They were visiting their family in Olathe and called us up and came by for about an hour and a half. It was so great to see them!!!!

So, that was our weekend. :) Tonight Steve has Orchestra practice (their first performance will be Easter Sunday!), and the boys and I are going to have a nice relaxing night.

No comments: