Well, our family has embarked on an interesting 'journey', and we're not sure exactly where it will lead. Last week, Steve and I began our 10-week PS-MAPP training to become foster care/adoptive parents.
This has been a desire of Steve's for a long time and honestly -- I've drug my feet! Too many questions, concerns, etc., and Steve has just patiently waited. Well, now that we've moved and my schedule is totally different, and our kids are older, and after praying about it, I felt that I needed to 'join' with my husband and at least begin to pursue this desire of his' and see where God might take us.
So, we contacted an agency and have begun the 10 week training. We're not committing to anything at this point, but rather just beginning to take 'baby steps' and trusting the Lord to either open up the door and make it so clear, or completely shut it down and show us that this is either a)not his will or b)not His timing. We're both open to whatever, and just taking one step at a time.
At this point, our desire would be to have a child 0-2yrs. of age. We'd probably start out with 'Respite' care, where we'd be there to give a 'break' to foster care parents, for maybe a weekend or week or day. Then, we'll see. We might even be considering adoption through this route. We really don't know yet, as I said -- one step at a time.
But, wowsers! There's a lot involved -- lots of paperwork we've been doing. We've had to fill out information on ourselves, our family, our children. And the boys have each had to fill out paperwork. (They're so excited and anxious to do this.)
So.......that's something new we're doing and we'll just see what God wants to do with it all.
1 comment:
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
YIPPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment