After the past 24 hours, I'm thinking that maybe the state might want to re-consider certifying us as foster parents -- LOL! Both boys have been involved in 'interesting' things:
Brennan -- yesterday he comes home from school and walks in the door with his hand over his eye. I asked him what's wrong and he says, "I tripped over a ladybug" (LOL). Then he takes his hand away to reveal a shiner. Yep, my son has his first black eye! He was playing basketball in gym class and a kid and him collided. The other kids' head hit Bren's cheek/eye area! Bren said he didn't cry, but felt like it! Awww.....I'm sure he did! Poor kid, but he took it in stride and seemed to accept it as a token of 'manhood'! LOL I do have to give him a 'creativity award' for saying he tripped over a ladybug! LOL (Goofy kid!)
Nate -- well, Nate about killed us all this morning! LOL Usually every morning I take him to school and so our 'agreement' is that he has to warm the car up about 10 minutes before we leave so his Mother doesn't freeze! Yes, we have an agreement: I do something for him by taking him to school rather than making him walk in this cold weather with all the other kids, but in return he makes sure his Mommy has a nice, warm car to take him in! LOL So, every morning he goes out and starts the car. Many times the car is in the driveway, but with the snow storm we were to get (but, didn't! yeah!), we made sure the car was in the garage. He's started it before and we've made sure to instruct him that the garage doors must be up. Well, I guess he forgot that detail this morning. So, he starts the car, I'm upstairs getting ready and Bren takes Chester for a walk. Upon Bren's return he starts yelling, "Nathan! What are you thinking? You're going to kill us all!" and he quickly runs and opens both garage doors as Nate just shrugs his shoulders and apologizes. So, I STRESS to Nate that he HAS to make sure the garage doors are OPEN when he starts the car! LOL Thankfully, it was only about 5 minutes, but it's kinda scary to think we could have had a bad situation if Bren hadn't noticed it!
Ooooh Vey -- there's always something in parenting, isn't there?! LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment