Last weekend we went to Iowa and it was a WONDERFUL trip!!!!!!
Friday we went to our former doctor's office and had physicals for the boys and got some medical things taken care of there! Plus, we had Nate tested for almonds -- we shall see what that returns. Then we went to my parents' house and hung out with them for awhile and then took a nap! We were so tired by then.
Friday night we drove to Ankeny and got to attend the wedding of some dear and precious friends of ours. It was an AMAZING wedding, so God-honoring! After the grandparents/parents were seated, the lights went dim and a video came on the big screen. It was the couple -- they greeted everyone and then began to share how the Lord had brought them together and what he's done in their lives. It was about 15 minutes long and was so precious! They just went back and forth sharing and testifying to God's working in their lives and their relationship. It was so cool!!! And, then the pastor, groom, & groomsmen came in, then the bridesmaids.....and the right before the bride walked in, you hear her voice come over the loud speaker. She begins to declare the laying down of her life to become one with her new groom! It was so precious!!! It was like Ruth saying to Naomi that his people would be her people and where he goes, she'll go, etc. Saying that she was coming along side him to be his helpmeet and to fulfill the call of God upon their lives. It was so precious. The groom was shocked and had no idea she had done that and he just stood at the altar, tearing up! The funny part of the wedding was when they'd been pronounced husband and wife and it was time for the kiss. Well, they're in their 40s and had decided to wait until that day for their first kiss. And, the pastor was awful (LOL).....he stalled and stalled and stalled!!! Everyone was laughing and they were like, 'c'mon already we want to finally kiss each other!' It was pretty sweet! We got to see so many friends at this wedding, too, which was awesome!
Saturday, Steve and I went our separate ways. :) He took the boys to visit some of their old friends and to go to the chiropractor, etc. They just had a 'guys' day out' and then I went to Des Moines to hook up with my gym friends! One of our friends is now due with twins, so, we picked up her up and spoiled her for several hours. It was so much fun and we laughed and laughed and she was blessed! I loved it!
Saturday night we went back to our old church and got to see so many! It was wonderful to be back and get to be with everyone again! Then we went out with some friends afterwards.
Sunday morning we hung out with my parents, which was nice to get a little time together after a crazy few days! Then we went to Des Moines and had lunch with our dear friends, Jim & Kathie and spent the afternoon with them and then drove home. It was a jam-packed weekend with lots of driving, but with sooooooooooo much fun and relationships!!!! I told Steve that I was 'relationship-depleted' prior to going and now I'm past full! We got to see almost everyone we'd planned to and I loved, loved, loved it!!!!!!
But.......Ya' know what was interesting -- on the way home last night, we both said that while we loved every minute of 'going home' back to Iowa and while we still miss everyone so very much......it felt so different to come back to KC. It wasn't hard to leave Iowa this time, because KC has become our new home. Yes, we're still in transition and there's still emotions, but that feeling of loving being with our friends/family was great, but we realized we didn't 'fit' there anymore, because God had truly moved us on. I mean, we didn't 'fit' in our hearts. Does that make any sense? There was so much peace this time in leaving and coming back to KC. We are headed back up there for Thanksgiving and looking forward to returning and visiting again, but it also feels good to be 'home' here right now, because I know this is God's place for us.
THEN...
This week has been a bit crazy. As I'd mentioned, I've been having some medical issues and so Monday I got a call from my doctor (not the nurse, but the DOCTOR, which kinda freaked me out! LOL). And, basically three things in my blood work came back abnormally high, so she was concerned enough to want to check my pituitary gland, which regulates everything, I guess. Therefore, she sent me for an MRI yesterday. So, I got to spend almost 2 hours having a head MRI and a specific Pituitary Gland MRI done yesterday. Fun, fun! I don't know any results yet, but hope to hear tomorrow.
It's all been so crazy that I'm truly just ready to find out what's going on and get some treatment. I'm really ready to be 'back in the groove' health-wise, ya' know?
AND...
I attended my first class at the gym last night! It's a 6 week class....only 7 of us and two trainers! Let me just say -- I got my rear kicked bad! It's been 3 1/2 months since I worked out fairly hard and this was BAD!!! LOL I am sooooooooo very sore today and I get to endure the 'torture' yet again tomorrow night! I'm sadly so out of shape! LOL However, it felt good to go hard and I know this will be a good 'stress reliever' and a good 'kick in the pants'! :)
2 comments:
I'm glad you had a good trip. The wedding sounds AMAZING!
I totally understand the 'going home' yet it's no longer home and we belong where we are now. I get teary eyed every time I drive across the Mississippi into Iowa 'cause it seems like a home from long ago, yet comfortable and very me.... yet, no longer me.
I can't put it into words either.... but I get what you're saying. ;)
Found your blog!
I remember our first trip back to PA after we moved here, and it was a GOOD GOOD feeling when we returned to KC feeling like we were HOME!
Post a Comment