Wednesday, November 7, 2007

BISCUITS!

OK, I'm redeeming myself here! LOL Yes, my cinnamon rolls were dreadful, but take a look at these biscuits! I made some soup for supper tonight and decided biscuits would go great with it. I had no refrigerated ones and I had no baking mix, so I determined to make them from scratch -- totally from scratch.......flour, sugar, baking powder, eggs, milk, butter.......kneaded the dough, cut out the biscuits.....totally homemade! And, I squealed with delight when they came out of the oven and looked great! I even had to call Steve on his cellphone and tell him! LOL And.......they tasted awesome!


However....I did have one minor 'mistake'.......I tried to make the last little bit of dough into a heart-shaped one, but alas it didnt' work......LOL Well, actually I told Steve it looks more like a REAL heart! LOL


5 comments:

dbanderman said...

mmmmmm...homemade biscuits. that is what i miss a lot here. no one does biscuits. the only places you can get them is KFC and Denny's. McDonalds doesnt even have biscuit breakfast sandwiches. They only have criollo bread which is puerto rican bread. ahhh well. when in rome.

Anonymous said...

Great job!!!!! I knew you could do it - lots of fun making from scratch and knew you could do it, with pleasure to yourself.
M

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm - yummy! Great job!

Anonymous said...

I'm so proud of you girl! Those look just delicious! Can you post your recipe!!!

Jasen and Rose said...

Yay!!! These biscuits are BEAUTIFUL!! Good for you:)