Friday, November 9, 2007

Biscuit Recipe

OK.......here's the delicious recipe. I found it at www.allrecipes.com:

Fluffy Biscuits

3 c. flour
4 tsp. baking powder
3 tsp. sugar
1 tsp. salt
1/2 c. shortening (I used butter & melted it a bit first)
1 egg
1 c. milk

Combine flour, baking powder, sugar & salt. Cut in shortening until coarse crumbs.

Beat egg & milk. Stir into dry ingredients, just until moist.

Turn onto floured surface. Knead 20 times. Roll to 3/4" thick. Cut with biscuit cutter (I used an upside down glass.)

Place on greased sheet (or parchment paper on cookie sheet).

Bake at 450 for 8-10 minutes.


*** The original recipe called for 2 c. flour, but the batter was way too sticky to knead, so I added at least another cup, I'm not sure. So, you may, or may not, need to add more. When I placed them on the sheet, they were separate by about an inch or two.

Let me know what you think if any of you try them! :)

No comments: