Thursday, November 29, 2007

Not much new news...

There's not really much to blog about right now, so forgive me in advance if this is quite boring! Rolling Eyes I'm sitting here listening to the webcast of the International House of Prayer (http://www.ihop.org/) and loving it. I love the combination of singing scripture/praying! Anyway, while I'm listening, I thought I'd just begin to post about life at the Bandermans, even if it's kinda boring right now. lol

Hmmmm........let's see........I'm finding it difficult to come back home after being gone and get motivated again! I so enjoy when we go back to Iowa because I get my 'relationship-tank' filled! I am such a 'relational' person and was so used to being around people and such in Iowa that it's still difficult here to not have hardly any friends to just 'enjoy' life with, ya' know? I know it'll come in time, but it's sllooooooooow and when we return from Iowa and I get unpacked and life settles down again, I realize how lonely I feel here! I'm anxious to not just meet more people, but actually get to know people!

Anyway..........all is well for the rest of the family and not much to report: other than the boys are loving being a part of Intramural sports here. They didn't really have that in Iowa, so they're really enjoying it here. Brennan's in basketball on Tuesday nights after school and Nate's in chess club every other Wednesday morning and debate club every other Wednesday after school. Brennan likes the basketball because he can 'sweat it out' with some other guys from his school, yet it's not really competitive, but more fun. Nate likes Chess and loves having others who actually understand the game! LOL Chess He also likes debate -- anyone that knows him can understand why! LOL He's such a sweet, tender-hearted kid, but when it comes to a certain 'cause' or something he totally believes in, then he loves debating matches! LOL I'm glad they have the opportunity to do things like this that they enjoy down here. It's good for them.

Nate's ready to quit band, though! (Guess he takes after his mother in the instrument department.) It's not that he doesn't like the trumpet, he just doesn't like practicing -- hates it actually! LOL Steve told him that he has to stick it out at least through this semester and then we'll discuss it.

As for me -- I'm still dealing with all my medical issues. The saga continues; however, we're slowing getting things going. My doctor had me on a dreadful medication for 10 days recently that made me sick, sick, sick! I felt HORRIBLE! I'm still waiting to get into the Endocrinologist. I just called them and they still have yet to receive any of my paperwork, both the stuff I sent them and the stuff my doctor is to be sending them! UGH! I cannot believe the run around I've had down here! So, after their lunch break today, I'm going to the office and filling out all the paperwork again and taking all my lab reports, MRI results, etc. and having them copy everything! I can't even get an appointment until they have all this stuff, so today I'm going to make sure they have it all and get this 'show on the road'! Frown

I did however meet with our chiropractor the other day. He's a great guy and reallly knowledgeable! He is almost 100% sure I have PCOS, but still wants me to see the Endo. to rule out anything else. But, he took a look at all my labwork and EXPLAINED everything to me, which was so helpful! I was so grateful that he took the time to help me understand what's going on in my body!

He started me on 6 different supplements to try to help even things out naturally. He said I'll probably need to take these for 3 - 6 months. I told him I'm just about ready to do anything to get some energy back, not be nauseous, and lose some weight and get back into shape! He said this will help me for sure! Prayer But, then he also had some nutritional changes for me -- give up caffeine, sugar, refined carbs, and he'd also like the sugar-substitutes to be gone. YIKES! I think he saw the horror on my face at the thought of having to give up my morning cup of coffee, so he agreed to let me have it ONCE a week! LOL So, now I'm having decaf with a little bit of cream and Vanilla-flavored Stevia. It's NOT the same, but at least I can have some! The sugar and refined carbs, I understand, and the sugar-subs I understand...........so, I'm going to transition to that. I want to lose some weight and get back into shape, but most of all, I want my body to function normally and feel healthy again! With that dreadful medication I hadn't worked out for 3 weeks, but yesterday I started again -- oh, I'll be so glad when I can run and lift weights like I used to! Treadmill

So........that's really about it right now. Not much 'exciting' news to report. Oh......we are putting up all our Christmas stuff this weekend. Well, I've gotten some of it up, but we haven't gotten our Christmas tree yet. I'm kind of excited -- we're going to go with a real one this year! I've never done that before, but Steve always grew up with real ones, so it'll be fun. And, we're going to put some lights outside on the house. Most of our neighbors did it last weekend, so we're a little behind. Christmas Lights

Hope you all have a wonderful rest of your day!!!!

1 comment:

Dena said...

but when it comes to a certain 'cause' or something he totally believes in, then he loves debating matches!

hhhmmm...sounds a bit like his Aunt Dena. ;-)