What a beautiful day we had here today!!!! I am enjoying every last minute we have of nice weather, before the cold comes in next week! By Wednesday it'll be in the 40s they say and possibly SNOW! YIKES -- I don't think I'm ready for that yet! Brrr!
So -- today Steve had to work and I joined 2 other wives from Steve's crew and we took all 3 of us with 9 children to the nearby park and had a picnic. It was such beautiful weather and all the children enjoyed running off energy and having a good time together! We ate, cleaned up, and then us women sat and chatted away while the kids played nearby. It was so great to just enjoy some relational time with each other rather than just sulking that our husbands were working today! (Although, we did miss them bunches!) Such a beautiful day to be outside!
Then tonight we watched the Iowa State University vs. University of Kansas Football game, which was broadcast only because the Jayhawks are 11-0! (Whereas ISU was 3-8 going into today!) It was not a pretty sight! Yes, we live in Kansas now, and only about 15 minutes from the Univ. of Kansas campus (LOL), but we'll always be Iowa State fans!!!!!! We loved our days at ISU and that's where Steve and I met, so we'll always be loyal fans! :) They lost by TONS and we were utterly humiliated because ISU was terrible, but we'll always love the Cyclones!!! If they play again next year, maybe we'll actually even go to the game??????!!!!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment