Saturday, October 20, 2007

What was I thinking?

I am laughing so hard right now and my husband is shaking his head at me! I'm so glad he loves me even in my craziness! Heart Beat For some reason I got a notion to make homemade cinnamon rolls tonight! An internet friend I have (hi Jill!) had posted a recipe for homemade cinnamon rolls one time and I just happen to come across it and got this wild idea to have homemade cinnamon rolls for my family tomorrow morning for breakfast! Well........first of all, you should see our kitchen! It's a disaster.......flour, sugar, cinnamon, butter........everywhere! I've dirtied so many pans that I'm currently running the dishwasher and will need a second load (what? do them by hand you say? LOL). I have my handy chef's apron on and it's a MESS, too!

BUT................the fruit of my labor is now sitting under a towel on my stove top! I have two pans of HOMEMADE cinnamon rolls RISING (or at least I hope they're starting to rise!) on my stovetop. I leave them there for 30 more minutes and then pop them in the oven!

I am so proud of myself or TRYING to make these; however, I'm thinking that just purchasing Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls (that taste like homemade) is a much better option!!!!!!! LOL We shall see how things eventually turn out.............I will let you know! I tried to post pictures, but am having problems posting them for some reason -- will try to eventually, so your mouths can water at just the thought of Debi making such delicious creations! You'll just want to reach your hands through the screen and taste them, I'm sure!

But, my dear family is laughing at me so hard! Steve wonders what in the world has made me THINK I can be 'Betty Crocker' all of a sudden since we moved -- I told him I have nothing else to do, I might as well TRY! Actually, I thought if maybe I could actually learn to cook, that maybe I could take delicious treats to all my neighbors, but at this point, I think I need some more practice before I make them wish we'd move away! My dear husband thinks I need to stick with what I know WORKS........Rhodes Cinnamon Rolls straight from the freezer! Yeah well...........he might think differently after these actually rise (I HOPE!) and they come out of the oven tasting DELICIOUS! LOL Winky 2

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Debi!

Soooooo, how were they?!?! I am so very curious if it was worth it! I don't make these very often, but they are such a treat when I do. The dough is rich. I started a tradition several years ago at Christmas doubling the recipe of the dough, making pizza rolls with it on Christmas Eve, cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning (I actually make them up Christmas Eve and bake them on Christmas morning ;-), butterhorn rolls for Christmas dinner. Yum! I think I will have to make some of these rolls sooner than Christmas. :-)

dbanderman said...

how'd those cinammon rolls turn out?? i havent had homemade rolls since doug and kim used to make them for their little farmer's market business....those turned out really well.