Tuesday, October 23, 2007

The Photos...

Blushy 2 OK.....here are the photos from my cooking 'experiment' with homemade cinnamon rolls..

Mmmm.....doesn't that batter look yummy?


All smeared with butter, cinnamon, & sugar and ready to roll up and cut...


Well........they didn't roll out very well and when I tried to cut them they 'smooshed' down a lot, so I tried to salvage them the best I could, but they did look quite dreadful......thus, the muffled laughs from my dear family! Purple Smiles
The second batch didn't look much better! Dunno

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember my mom's rolls? GS has mastered the art of making them and we get them every Christmas.

Yours....need some help. Use a bigger chunk of dough, TONS more cinnamon and sugar and keep the dough about 1/2 inch thick. They should touch in the pan. ;)

I bet your next attempt will go MUCH better!

Jasen and Rose said...

Debi, I laughed SO HARD when I read this post and looked at your pictures! I'm sure if I made cinnamon rolls, they would have turned out the exact same way! I am so proud of you for trying them though! It takes lots and lots of courage to try a new recipe, and to let people laugh at you about it, and to laugh WITH them! I used to cry when something turned out awful, now I just say "Frozen Pizza Night!" and Jasen gets a huge grin on his face and runs to pre-heat the oven! Let's bake together sometime! Who knows what we will come up with?!?!