


I thought maybe if I added the icing, they'd look at least a bit better, but as you can see -- that was futile thinking! LOL (Steve doesn't like icing at all, so I left part of them unfrosted.)

So, there ya' have it -- my first attempt at homemade cinnamon rolls. While they tasted great, they looked awful, so I'm not sure that I'd attempt these again, or atleast not any time we're having company! So, don't worry -- if you come visit us, you won't be served these for breakfast! We'll just keep them a 'family recipe' for now.....until they're a bit perfected more! I may just have to try them again.....if I can just figure out how to make them look better! LOL
1 comment:
I'll bet they were delicious! I found in making cinnamon rolls it is best if you shape the dough and try to roll in your best rectangle. It is ok to push and shape so it will be even.
Yours are probably better for you, but I too use way more cinnamon/sugar sprinkled onto the dough. When you roll it up, roll as tightly as possible. Once rolled up and sealed, slice into even slices. Fit into a pan that will allow room for them to rise, but will touch each other and the edge of the pan. This will help them cook evenly. Be sure to let them rise until nearly double before baking.
Hope this helps, but you did a great job! I'm sure your family was mighty proud and sounds like they enjoyed them just as much.
Post a Comment