They got it done and were so proud of themselves and that they got my car 'back on the road' in good shape for me..............that was, until the next morning......
I go out to start the car to take the boys to school because it was raining. Well, the car wouldn't start! It said, "Low Oil Pressure"!! LOL So, I called Steve and he assured me all was well, but I just may need to add a bit more oil. Do you think I know anything about cars? Uh....no! So, here my boys are teaching me how to lift up the hood with the 'release hinge' underneath and I'm asking my ten-year-old where the dipstick is, how to read it, etc. It was quite humbling, but sure made him feel good about himself! LOL
After 1 1/2 quarts of oil added, it still wouldn't start. By this time, the boys needed to get to school, so I gave them both umbrellas and they both started out. Thankfully Brennan only has to go 4 houses down the street to catch the bus and Nate is only 2 blks. from school! But, I felt like someday they'll be telling their children and grandchildren about how they had to walk in the rain to school! Poor kids! :)
So, all day yesterday I was 'stranded', as the car wouldn't start at all. Steve felt really bad that he'd tried to save a few dollars, have a father/son bonding time with Nate, and ended up leaving me without a car! LOL As for me........I just got a really good laugh about it!
When he got off work, he checked it out and come to find out, when he replaced the air filter he forgot to hook up something and there was a small vacuum leak, so the car wouldn't start! LOL Oooops! But, as he started the car, I also noticed a really bad smell and 'smoke' coming off the front and must have had this terrified look on my face, because Steve quickly says, "Oh, don't worry about that. Uh...I let Nate pour all the oil in and let's just say he dripped some of it! So, it'll smell for awhile as it burns off, but it's really not a big deal."
1 comment:
surely that guy cant be related to me, can he?...hello...walmart. $20..no brainer.
Post a Comment