We now officially have a trumpet player in our home! Nate is starting to play the trumpet this year. He's so proud of himself! While excited for him, I must admit that we are desperately searching for earplugs (hmmm....I wonder if we have any left over from when Brennan started the trombone! LOL). Ya' know how it is when they're first learning to even begin to blow through the mouthpiece -- well, yeah -- you can imagine what we're hearing in our house.....yikes! LOL So, we grit out teeth and smile and offer tons of praise and encouragement.........then, we go back to searching for our ear plugs........until he learns how to actually blow well through the mouthpiece and play a real note! LOL
Sure makes me appreciate my parents putting up with my 'sqwauking' and all my missed notes on the Recorder in 4th grade and the Clarinet in 5th grade -- I couldn't hardly play either and hated practicing, but I sure thought I was big time, hot stuff when I could finally play "Mary had a little lamb".......over, and over, and over! LOL Thanks Mom and Dad for putting up with all that -- ya' got any ear plugs left over????????????? :) And, aren't you glad I finally switched to flag corps instead of the clarinet?! LOL
1 comment:
enjoy the music - or so they call it - flag corps was much quieter, however
M
Post a Comment