Those that know me and my 'gym personality' will get a kick out of this! LOL
Our boys got out of school early today and Nate just came home all excited and he and I had the following conversation:
Nate: "Guess what, Mom?! I got to be a personal trainer today!"
Me: "Oh really, what happened?"
Nate: "Well, we had to run the mile in gym class today and my friend Preston hates to run, so I decided to help him and appointed myself to be his personal trainer!"
Then he goes on, to tell me how Preston didn't want to run, so Nate just kept encouraging him...
"Yeah, Mom -- I just got into personal trainer mode: 'Ok, Preston, here's what we'll do -- let's walk for a bit and then let's run. There's only 3 laps, so let's jog, and then we'll sprint the last lap, ok? No more walking. You CAN do this!"
"But, guess what Mom? He's STUBBORN....JUST LIKE YOU! He wanted to WALK, WALK, WALK and doesn't really like to have to work out! So, I made a deal with him -- let's walk, then jog, walk, then jog, and then we'll sprint it in at the end, ok?"
And guess what, Mom? He DID it!
Another kid saw him and says, "Man, Nate -- you'd make a great personal trainer!" and Nate replies, "Thanks.....I learned it from my mom!"
Aaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwww........
The really funny thing about all this is that Nate is my LEAST motivated, LEAST athletic kid of the two! He hates to run and workout! LOL I think it helped him to focus on motivating someone else -- hmmmmm.....sounds familiar. Although, I couldn't believe he said I was STUBBORN, can you?! LOL
1 comment:
you go, nathaniel
M
Post a Comment