Thursday, September 6, 2007

Update

Just a few quick updates:

1st) The roof is DONE! Yipeeeeeeee!!! Steve's brother, Mark, got off work early yesterday and surprised us and came and finished the capping and small amount to finish in front! What a guy! That was a huge relief to Steve and we were so blessed by his willingness to help! We've had such great friends/family to help with this huge project! We are so grateful for their servant hearts!!!! And, it was done just in time as it started raining last night! Yeah!!!

2nd) I switched gyms!!!!!! LOL I just have NOT been happy at the one that I signed up at. I've been there for one week and have hated every moment of it. So, this week, my friend Mary who is here from Iowa, went with me and agreed -- not the place for me! I had thought it was, but it's not what I truly want. So......we've spent the last two days trying out the last of two places to check and I finally decided on another one that's only 4 miles from our house! It's the same one my brother-in-law David went to and loved and recommended -- not sure why I didn't try it sooner -- duh! It's been so helpful to have Mary's opinion this week! She knows what I like and what I'm looking for and has thought of things that I haven't and has helped me sort all this through. This new gym still isn't FWW, but at least I can do almost everything there that I did in Des Moines.

3rd) Took Brennan to the doctor today -- he'd fallen on a skate trick in our basement last night and severely sprained his ankle and foot! So, we spent the morning at the doctor's office and getting x-rays. Thankfully he didn't break it, but the doctor took him out of PE for 3 weeks and the intramural football he'd just begun yesterday, he now doesn't get to do. He's bumming!

So..........that's the recent updates. I'll write more later.

No comments: