Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Pilates

Well, I'm on to something new and exciting!! This week, I'm trying a new form of exercise -- PILATES. The trainer I worked with in Iowa, would use various forms of this from time to time and I had done a little research on my own, and knew it was great; however, I'd never really done any extensive research on my own or done a complete class/workout before. But, after struggling with knee and shoulder pains now for awhile, I decided to research this a bit more. WOW!

I was too embarassed to go to a pilates class at the gym, because I am SO NOT COORDINATED! LOL So, I wanted to try it out on my own first at home, with the privacy of my walls and just Chester staring at me! LOL I'm so glad I did that! I got the Winsor pilates dvds from the library and yesterday I struggled, grunted, and laughed my way through an hour! It was so difficult and I was sweating and yet enjoying every moment of it! I felt like I got my rear kicked and like I'd never worked out before! Sit Up It was amazing! I thought I atleast had decent 'core strength', but this made me feel like I had none! LOL Best of all, there was zero pain, and I got a great workout!

So, this has inspired me to dig a bit deeper into pilates and I'm excited. I'm checking into some area classes and private instruction and then I'm pursuing becoming certified. I need some continuing education credits for my ACE personal training certification anyway, and this seems to be a great option. Who knows what'll happen, but I'm excited about the possibilities and about finding a great workout that is a lot easier on the joints! Woohoo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Winsor Pilates! Okay, I love the 20 minute workout....that 50 minute one... Oh man... I do NOT bend like that! :P

Anonymous said...

Debi - I've been thinking about doing this. Maybe I will check out the videos from the library too! (when I have time...maybe in December!) akz

Anonymous said...

Have you tried the DVD I gave you?
M