Sunday, September 2, 2007

Always on His Mind

I wanted to share a bit more of something that really stuck out to me during this morning's service at Forerunner Christian Fellowship. Mike Bickle was sharing on the Song of Solomon, Chapter 8, verses 6 & 7. I LOVE THOSE VERSES! They are some of my favorite and it was such a good reminder for me today to really think about these and about how very much God loves us. But, he said something that has really stuck with me all day and been something I've pondered a lot.

In Matthew 22, Jesus says, "Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment." And, then Mike went on to talk about how we love Him because He first loved us. And, the way he asks us to love Him is the way He loves us.......with His whole heart, soul, & mind. Wow!

How amazing is that? The King of the Universe loves little 'ole me with his WHOLE HEART, SOUL, & MIND! He's not just this amazing God sitting up on a throne in heaven, but He is so personable and so real and is actively involved with me. He carries me in His heart, He has emotions about me, and I'm on His mind!

Always on His mind -- Misty Edwards sang a song about that today and Mike talked about it and it's just resonated in my spirit. I am always on God's mind. How amazing is that? This God who created the heavens and called each star by name -- He has me on His mind. He thinks about me. Always. His thoughts are good towards me. He delights in me. He's always thinking of creative ways to pursue my heart.

I think about especially my kids or husband -- how very many times each day they go through my mind. Wondering how their days are going. Thinking of things they like. Praying for them and their needs. Etc. And, that's me -- a mere human being relating to other humans. But, here is God -- King Jesus -- thinking about ME. I mean, who am I that He should think of me? But, He does!

I am overwhelmed by this Truth and my heart takes strength in knowing that every thought I have, every care I have, every disappointment or hurt that I have, every excitement or dream that I have -- it is all running through HIS mind, because I am always on His mind! :) I am never a bother to Him.....but He delights in thinking about me!!! Wow! :)

No comments: