Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Well, this has been kind of a rough week for me, personally. Ugh. I have not been feeling 'well' again. I know it's hormone craziness, so it doesn't freak me out too much, but I also know it means that I need to do something. I had hoped that starting back to working out, that I would be good and not have to do any more meds, but not so much.

Monday I started feeling really nauseous and had a horrible headache, which is how it always begins. I had to cancel my workout that day. I was bummed and spent most of the day on the couch. I knew I wasn't "sick" as in the flu, but also bummed that I knew it would be time to take the dreaded Prometrium again. I don't know why, but that medication really affects me. I feel 'good' for about 3 days and them whamo! It makes me feel 'crazy'. I cry at the drop of a hat. I feel nauseous and tired. Irritable. Etc. It's absolutely miserable for a couple weeks. I dread taking it. And, yet, if I don't take it every 3 months, right now, then it throws me off really bad.

So, here I am....I started taking it last night and have 10 days of this and then another week coming off of it, and then I will be 'good to go' for another 3 months. I am hoping that by then, maybe the exercise will be enough and I will be stable enough that I won't need to take it. That's my hope.

Thankfully I can function now, but just feel tired and emotional, so everything is magnified. My family knows to just be gentle with me, give me lots of grace, and just get through this. We try to not make too much of a big deal out of anything during all this. I've learned to just go with it.

But, I also know that getting up at 4am to be at the gym is currently out of the question. So bummed as I've been doing so well. But, it's reality, so I have to take off the next couple weeks, then we'll be at the OneThing Conference in KC, so I won't get to be back at the gym till the 3rd of January. Frustrated, bummed, and not happy. BUT...........I am trying to just chalk it up and not worry too much about it. This is a time to sleep in some, take afternoon naps, and just keep life as calm and peaceful as possible. I am learning to just not expect a lot out of myself and focus on taking care of myself. Within a couple weeks, it will all be over and we'll be back to 'normal'. Yay - can't wait for that. I hate it when I don't feel like myself!

I am also going to start working with my old Chiropractor in KC, after the first of the year. When I was working with him, I felt the best I'd felt in 3 years, so I talked to him, and he is going to help me long distance and work with me again! We are going to try to get it to where I can completely go off this medication because he feels like it's "poison" to my body, but I haven't had much other options, so he's going to try to give me some!

Whew! So, that's been my week. I'm just going with it.....

Other than my own personal yuckiness....life is good. The hubby and kids are good. We are looking forward to Christmas, and are starting some Christmas goody baking, which is fun with a little girl this year who is SO into it! :)

1 comment:

Mrs. B. said...

(((Hugs)))) I'm sorry you are going through this hormonal stuff. I understand as my whole adult life has been messed up hormones until I began taking Vitex and Cod Liver Oil, which has helped me GREATLY. Anyway, you mentioned that you aren't able to go to the gym. I wanted to share a great way to exercise at home and one that is VERY GOOD for your health too. http://www.t-tapp.com/ They have "try before you buy" videos are available to watch and try in the upper left corner. You could see if you could get her book out from your library - it's really good!

Jill in Ohio