Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A teenage driver on the road!

Well, Steve had the day off today due to the weather, which was great! He had planned it yesterday to just take a 'vacation day' since he has so many to use up before the end of the year, so he surprised me this morning and told me he had the day off and we were going to spend it together! Yipeeeeeeeee! I was thrilled! So, he took the boys to school for me and then we later went out to lunch together and enjoy some yummy Indian food (Steve's favorite!), and then ran some errands together and did a little shopping. It was so nice to just be together and hang out and enjoy each other! I love that man! :)

Then, this afternoon, while I worked on some projects here at home, Steve decided to take Brennan to get his Lerner's permit! Yikes! So, off they went and Brennan passed! Lo and behold, about an hour later, here comes Brennan driving down our street and Steve is letting him pull the car into the driveway and then the garage! WHAT??????? LOL Later I found out that Steve drove all the way home, but let Brennan drive from the end of the street to our house. Whew!

Brennan was BEAMING when he came inside, so excited and proud of himself! :) And, I think Steve was beaming just as much! LOL They had a ton of fun together.

It really made me appreciate my husband yet again. He is sooooooo good with our boys. As a Mom, I, of course, tend to want to 'baby' them and it's so hard for me to let them grow up and become 'men'. Whereas, Steve is so good about encouraging them in growing up and taking responsibility and doing things like Brennan getting his lerner's permit. If it were up to me, I would have probably waited until next summer! He just seems so young! But, then I remember BEGGING my parents to let me get my ON THE DAY I turned 14! LOL But, somehow when it's your son, it's a totally different story than when you did it! :)

So, Brennan has a 'paper' in his wallet now and he'll get the 'real thing' in a couple weeks, in the mail. :) Oh yeah...and now I'm off to call our insurance company! LOL

1 comment:

Dena said...

Ok it was bad enough when Austin was old enough to get his permit and then school permit, but now Brennan too???? Why can't it be ok for them to stay little forever? LOL
Oh, and did you pass out after calling your insurance company? I nearly did.