Monday, December 1, 2008

Do things ever slow down? :)

Now that Thanksgiving is behind us, we're moving forward, trying to finish up some house projects.....or start new ones......uh, I'm not sure what you'd call it! LOL

Last night we started in painting the kitchen again -- we're putting a red color in the bay window area and in the kitchen. We have to use a gray primer first and then paint it red, and possibly might need 2 coats. So, we got the bay window done last night and LOVE how it looks! I'm so excited. It's a lot of color, but I really think it's going to look warm and cozy in here! I can't wait to get it all done! Tonight we hope to put one coat of red on the rest of the kitchen. You have to wait 8 hours inbetween the red coats, so it's kind of a long process, but hopefully we'll put one coat on today and I'll get the 2nd coat on tomorrow! I'll try to post photos when we're done! :)

Also, today begins the process of re-arranging our upstairs bedrooms. Yikes! Brennan's moving to the guest room, Nate's moving into Brennan's old room, and then Nate's room will become the room for a foster child, since it's closest to our room. The boys are so excited to move rooms. Fun, Change -- you know, all that boy stuff! ;) It'll give Bren a bit more privacy and Nate will get a bit bigger room, so they're thrilled. Brennan's upstairs moving his stuff right now and Nate will start his tonight. Thankfully the beds will just stay where they're at, so it's just all their stuff -- which is enough to sort through! LOL

We have our final home study with the Kansas Department of Health this Friday, so our goal is to have it all done by then! :)

4 comments:

Dena said...

Tis the season for rearranging I guess. We're doing the same thing, only no painting will be involved. Good luck and can't wait to see pictures when you're done.

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the red!! Did you know you can tint primer? I watch Trading Spaces a lot and they always do that with red colors.

Somedays are Worth Remembering said...

Ok so when are you having us over to eat in the splendor of your new kitchen/dinning area? We are free this weekend. I am emailing you a prayer request. My heart is pounding about something. I think that it is nothing, but it is hard at the same time. Love ya!

Somedays are Worth Remembering said...

Ok so when are you having us over to eat in the splendor of your new kitchen/dinning area? We are free this weekend. I am emailing you a prayer request. My heart is pounding about something. I think that it is nothing, but it is hard at the same time. Love ya!