Sunday, October 26, 2008

3/4 of the wallpaper has now been steamed off! :)

Well...it looks as if a bomb has gone off in our house! LOL When we moved into this house, one of the things that I instantly said I wanted to change was all the wallpaper on the main floor. Well, although 'ugly', it wasn't in dire need of change, so Steve suggested we focus on the new roof that was needed and then take care of the upstairs.

So, the roof got done and we painted the guest room and both boys rooms. :) Our bathroom still needs painted, but that'll come one of these days.....it's not real high on my priority list. :)

But...with having Thanksgiving here this year, we decided now was as good as time as ever to just dig in and get it done.

Oh no........what have we done?! LOL

Steve got to work the past few days and got all the wallpaper off the family room, the kitchen and eat-in kitchen area. So, all that is left now is the dining room. There is wallpaper in the 1/2 bath, but it's really smooth and Steve is hoping we can just paint over it.

I was so excited when we started this because wallpaper is just not 'me' and I was ready for this home to feel like 'me'. However.........now that I have stark white walls/sheetrock blindly staring back at me, I suddenly feel terrified, not empowered! LOL I am about as good a decorator as I am cook! (I know you all know what I mean!LOL)

So.........I will be needing your opinions!!!!!!!!!! I'll be posting photos as we go and I'd love to get your feedback on any great colors you think would look good. Ok? :)

Right now the plans are:

This week: Get the dining room wallpaper off.

Next weekend: Steve's Dad is coming to fix one of the walls where there had been a leak that the previous owners fixed; however, it damaged a bit of sheetrock. So, he's going to come and replace that and mud and tape everything.

Then, we have a friend who is a professional painter from Iowa and he's offered to come down and spray texture on all the walls for us! :) So, we're hoping that'll get done the next weekend.

Then, we'll be ready to paint! So...we're probably looking at about 3 weeks........hopefully we'll get it done in time for Thanksgiving!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm starting to get a bit nervous! LOL

So, get prepared because I'll be desperately needing all your creative juices to be flowing soon!!!! :)

I hope to post pictures in the next couple days. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How's it going? Looking at color swatches yet?

Debi said...

LOL -- all but the dining room is off. That has proven to be a difficult room! I tried to do it by myself today, but gave up in frustration -- I couldn't even get the steamer to work right without my husband's help! LOL

Been looking at colors, but have yet to decide. :)