Tuesday, October 14, 2008

This week....

Well, my new sister-in-law, Melissa, informed me that I had failed to update on whether my husband is actually home or not (LOL!), so I thought I'd actually do a post here. :)

Steve had to go back out of town yet again, BUT only for 2 days. So, he is coming home 'for good' tonight. I say that lightly, because well.....after what we've been through the last 4 months, ya' just never know! But, for now, his company is starting a new project tomorrow here in KC, so hopefully he'll get to stay in town permanently! We are so thrilled to be back together tonight!

Although, as I told Melissa, it'll be interesting to actually have him here nightly again -- that means I'll have to learn how to cook once again! I mean, with him gone, the boys and I kinda did 'whatever' each night, but now I'll actually get back to making meals, which will be good for all of us!

Speaking of food....we're working so hard on getting Brennan to eat more, too. I cannot believe how little he eats for a 14 yr. old boy, and therefore he's so skinny! But, it's almost like eating is a 'bother' to him -- he is so active that he just wants to get out there and live life, not take time to eat! LOL Doesn't even sound like MY child, huh?! LOL So, we actually sat down with him this weekend and explained he NEEDS to eat more food because he is burning so many calories through skateboarding, etc. So, that's what we're working on this weekend. He wants whatever is fast and easy, so he can get on with life. But, we're now working on more balanced actual MEALS and getting more calories in his scrawny behind! :) He's totally on board and understands, so that's good. It's just funny -- so many parents deal with trying to help their kids lose weight and here I am trying to help him gain weight! He definitely takes after his dad! LOL

I'm finally getting back to my 5:30am workouts! I've tried and failed, tried and failed, but with the new school year and Steve being gone so much, I've sorely slacked on my workouts because there was just too much to do otherwise, so I finally made the decision this week -- it's either 5:30am, or it doesn't get done. So, I was at the gym both yesterday and today and feel so much better having it done early! :)

Nate's back in Debate this year. He LOVES it! He has debate practice every Wednesday after school and then they'll compete with other elementary schools in the area. That is so his personality and he loves it, so it's fun to see him doing so well in it! :)

Anyway -- that's kinda what's up this week........:)

No comments: