Another thing we did this weekend was to make completely homemade apple pie with real lard! My Grandma used to make homemade pies all the time and they were so yummy, but ya' know me -- the non-cook -- so I never, ever attempted to do this. Well, about 6 months ago, my Mom gave me some lard, if I wanted to attempt it. Do ya' think I did? Uh...no. So, it's sat in the back of my fridge........waiting for my Mom to come visit! LOL So, when she came she got to work on Sunday with teaching us to make apple pies. I did the watching and 'overseeing' while she taught the boys! I figure there's no use her just teaching me....she might as well pass it along to the next generation! LOL They loved doing it! And, she was so patient and gentle in teaching them....it was a lot of fun!
Nate chose a 'lattice top' to his pie.
Brennan thought he should mark the top of his with his signature "B"! :)
YUM-O!!!! We ate one and froze the other. They were delicious! (Thanks, Mom!)
On Saturday Brennan wanted to get some skateboarding in since the weather was beautiful, so we all went and watched him for awhile, and then Mom took Nate out for some 'one-on-one' time and they ended up coming back with a really cool looking Thanksgiving/fall centerpiece for our table! They did a great job together!
Steve got home Saturday night, so he got to spend some time with all of us, thankfully! :)
On Sunday, the weather was beautiful....so I got a wild hair and decided to give my Mom a manicure. She was a trooper and allowed me the fun! LOL But, what I didn't count on was the fact that the wind was blowing and I could not get a steady hand for anything! LOL
After several attempts, I got my hubby to step in for me.......what a guy! But, he, too, quit after awhile! Poor Mom -- but we finally did get them done. Next time I need to just take her a REAL salon! LOL
I love my parents dearly.....more and more as the years pass and with now the distance, I daily realize just how fortunate and blessed I am to have such great parents. I am thankful for the time we were able to be together and eagerly look forward to seeing them again at Christmas!
No comments:
Post a Comment