Friday, October 17, 2008

My parents are coming! My parents are coming!

I am really excited -- my parents will be here in about 2 hours! I can't wait to see them again! We've been to Iowa frequently over the past 6 months, but for many other reasons than to just hang out with my parents, so I'm really looking forward to a relaxed time of just getting to be together, hang out, and chat. One of the things, we always look forward to is our 'early morning coffee' time. We all get up, stay in our jammies, and sit and drink a cup of coffee and just talk........about everything. I love those early morning hours with them....just talking and living life together. :) Not sure what all else our plans will entail, but just to get to hang out together will be great! :)

My parents came down with my Grandma back at Easter; however, Steve got sick, and they decided to leave pretty much right away. So, they didn't get to stay long, sadly. So, this is their first time to come back and it'll be great to have them here again! I'm missing my family even more now that we're 4 hours away! Sure makes me realize what a great family I do have! I'm grateful for any time we get to see them!

Unfortunately, Steve won't be home until tomorrow night, but at least the boys and I will get to enjoy them and then tomorrow night and Sunday we can all hang out together! :)

Well, I'm off to finish up the laundry and start on some supper -- I'm sure they'll be ready for some food by the time they get here! :) (Just pray I don't burn anything or we might just be ordering pizza! LOL)

2 comments:

The Naths said...

What's wrong with pizza? =) Hope you all have a great time! We get them next weekend! =)

Anonymous said...

Tell them 'hi' from me! I sooo wish I could see my parents right now.