This was a disappointing weekend, that's for sure. Last week was SUPPOSED to be Steve's last week out of town. I was so looking forward to these 'out-of-town' stints finally coming to an end. It has been such a long 4 months! BUT........I found out Friday, just 2 hours before he was coming home, that the job here has been pushed back (who knows why now!) and that he would be returning to Iowa yet again this week. Sigh......the tears began and my heart broke yet again.
I cannot tell you how disappointed I was, and how much I cried when I first found out. I miss my husband so much! I thought we were finally, finally, finally done with this. I was so looking forward to celebrating this weekend........and then we find out, it's really not done. I am so tired of his company changing things on us at the last minute! Ugh!
This will be Steve's 10th week out of town, in the last 16 weeks!!! This is NOT what we 'signed up' for in coming to KC, that's for sure. We never expected this. I am so tired of being a single mom. Thankfully, our boys are older and helpful, but still -- it's exhausting being the only parent responsible for them 24/7 M-F! And, I miss my best friend! Thankfully we can talk on the phone, but it's just not the same.
Anyway........supposedly this is now to be the last week and they're starting a new job on Monday. But, quite honestly -- I'm guarding my heart this time. Hoping he'll be home for good, but after this past week......I'm trying to prepare myself for anything.
So.........
Another week begins.........
We'll try and make the best of it until we're all back together again....
1 comment:
((((Steve, Deb, Brennan, Nathan))))
Hugs to you all!
Oh man, that so stinks! It honestly does and my heart goes out to all of you for having to deal with this yet again. Here's hoping this will finally be the last week...for real this time. Hang in there.
Love ya.
Post a Comment