Monday, September 29, 2008

New Week

Well, a new week has begun........but, thankfully, the LAST week my husband will be working out of town........at least for now! :) (And, hopefully forever!) Yes, he is in Iowa this week once again, but will be home Friday night, and working here next week! Yipeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! I cannot wait to spend 7 days a week together, as a family again! It's been such a long season for us.......one I'm ready to move on from, that's for sure!

We had a great weekend together, as a family, and as a couple. Friday night started out a bit rough, though, as we were all tired and cranky. We've found that it's always a difficult 'transition Friday night. I've been a single parent all week and am frankly...worn out. Steve's been working hard all week and then driving 3 1/2 hours back home and is frankly...worn out. So, Friday nights we come back together both 'empty' with nothing left to give each other or the kids. We're just tired and worn out physically and emotionally. So, most Friday nights, we've learned it's just better to try to keep our expectations low and go to bed early and get some sleep! :)

Saturday morning, I went to the gym and worked out and had some 'alone' time, which was really nice. While Steve hung out with the boys. He dropped Brennan off at the skatepark and then took Nate on a Daddy/son 'date' and got him a Starbucks' steamer, his favorite! Then, they went to a garage sale and walked the trails at a nearby park, before heading back to the skatepark to watch Brennan, much to his delight. :)

Saturday afternoon, we got the boys a video to watch and some pizza for them to hang out together, and Steve and I went on a date to see "Fireproof". We were later wishing we'd have taken the boys, too, as it was such a great movie; however, it was a nice date alone, and something we truly enjoyed. :) The movie was great, but we just love being alone, having fun together. Steve has this quirky sense of humor that makes me laugh time and time again. I love it!

Saturday night we just all hung out as a family and played board games, and just enjoyed each other....lots of talking, laughing......having fun. :)

Sunday we went to church and then came home and ate lunch. The boys began the necessary task of cleaning their rooms! lol Steve decided on taking a long nap and I went to the gym. Later we ran errands together, finished up laundry/cleaning, and got ready for another week. Last night we watched a movie together and just hung out altogether.

So........it was a great weekend together. I love our family and just being together. I treasure that time now more than ever.

And, today........Steve left at 3:30am......I got up with him and then went back to bed (LOL!) and here we are starting our week all over again. It's so nice to know, though, that this is our last week a part! Yeah.........I am so looking forward to Friday! :)

No comments: