Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hello

So, is anyone still reading this blog with as horrible as I've been with posting lately? lol Sorry -- but life has been kinda crazy and I just haven't blogged about it. So, this weekend I'll try to catch you all up a bit -- that is if you all want to hear about it? :) Well, I know my Mom at least does, so I guess I'll keep blogging! lol :)

Let's see.......I'll try to catch you up on life here:

We are doing well. Steve has 2 more weeks of working out of town and then he'll be back in KC! YEAH! I cannot tell you how ready we both are for some 'normalcy'. Never in my wildest dreams would I have dreamt my husband would be working out of town 9 out of 15 weeks! It has been so very, very hard and we are all ready for it to come to an end! Thankfully he's home on the weekend, but that's just not enough!

The boys are doing great. Nate just returned home from a 3-day 'outdoor school' adventure with his class at a camp nearby. He LOVED it - especially the copperhead snake they got to see outside their cabin! YIKES! He's 'all boy' and loves being in the outdoors and the woods, so he loved it. They did all kinds of cool things for every subject in school and he came home exhausted, but so happy about his time there. I did something similiar in 6th grade and know how fun it was, so I'm glad he had the opportunity.

Brennan is loving his new school. The increased homework has been a bit of a challenge because he's not used to having homework! So, we've had a few 'meltdowns' with him feeling overwhelmed, but it's just part of him learning how to do things a new way. But, he loves the whole school environment, has made some new friends, and is so grateful to be going there. Parents have to 'serve' at the school 4 hours a week as part of our parental committment. They slot us in different areas and we serve there. Somehow, I got put into the pre-k, 3-5 year olds! YIKES! I come home absolutely exhausted! lol There are about 12-14 of the and boy do they have energy! I forgot how much energy this age has, especially when you have so many of them together! lol But, we love this new school. Tonight we have a school picnic, so that'll be fun to hang out with other parents/families from there.

Hmmmm.......let's see, what else?

Oh, I met with the Director from the Teen Challenge Girls' Academy here in KC last week. He wants us to come and start Christ-Life there for the girls! We've never done teenagers before, but we've been given the 'green light' by the CL office in Des Moines and they're totally behind us. So, after praying about it and discussing it, I'm pretty sure we're going to do it, but we need to figure out a day/time, once Steve's finally back in town. We're really excited to get back into Christ-Life, because we love it and believe in the ministry so much! These teenage girls have been through so much and it'll be awesome to see the healing God does in their hearts!

Other than that.......the most recent news is that we have a family staying with us for a bit. A husband and wife and their newly adopted, newborn daughter! It has been the most amazing thing to be a part of! We love it! And, tonight the mom's parents are coming in to stay overnight, too! We'll have one big party at the Bandermans! lol I need to get their permission to share more, but if I do then I'll share more on here and maybe even a few pictures. Let me just say -- this little baby is soooooooooooo adorable and so precious! :)

1 comment:

Tracie said...

Can you call me today? I have lost all my phone numbers.
816-550-8845 (I have John's phone today).

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR LOVING THE COOPERS SO WELL THIS WEEK!