Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Brennan's first day of school!

Today is Brennan's first day of school, at a new school this year, The Daniel Academy. He's so excited, but was kinda nervous this morning, too. We went last night to Orientation and he found out he knew 4 of the kids in his class, so I think that helped to calm his nerves a bit. It's going to be a new 'twist' on education for us, that's for sure. He'll be there M, W, F and then on Tuesdays they have a 1/2 day with a school assembly and prayer room time at the International House of Prayer. Then on Thursdays they're home for a 'homeschool' day. A lot more parental involvement and time required of us, and I'm really just hoping I can keep the schedule straight at this point! On Friday mornings, I will be there to be a 'parent assistant'. All families are required to 'assist' in some way at the school 4 hrs. per week, so that's my time slot. Although new and 'unsure' about everything we're getting into, we're really excited and are convinced this is God's next step for our family, and in particular, for Brennan. The focus and purpose of this school is on the Lord and preparing the students both academically and spiritually with excellence, based on Daniel 9:23. It's a lot smaller, only 180 kids total, K-12, so he'll get more individual attention and be able to get to know more kids, rather than the 1100 kids in the school he went to last year that had only 2 grades!

I'm anxious to hear how his first day goes! :)

4 comments:

Tracie said...

what grade is he in?

wish you could be MY parent helper on Friday afternoons for art class!!!
:(

Debi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Debi said...

He's in 8th. :) And, that would be fun to be your helper! :) :)

Oh, I have to tell you -- last night we saw you and Taylor and Brennan asked who he was and what grade he was in. I told him 7th and he was bummed that he was a year younger, and not actually in his class. I asked him 'why?' and he says, "Cause he looks so cool -- I mean, did you see that hat he had on? See, Mom -- I told you other kids wear hats in the summer!" and then he laughed! lol

We always give him a hard time because he wears a ski cap in the summer! lol So, he thought it was pretty cool that Taylor had a hat on last night, too! lol

Have a great school year! :)

Tracie said...

Kids are so awesome! I'm sure they will get to know each other all the same!