Well, we're heading off to Iowa for the weekend to spend time with my family. I'm really looking forward to being with all my siblings and their families and my parents again! :) It'll be fun! Steve's been in Iowa for two days, so Nate and I are driving up to meet up with him tonight and then we'll head on to my parents' house, and then up to my sister, Dena's house on Saturday. As usual -- lots of driving -- but we're really looking forward to it. Then, on Sunday, Nate and I will return to KC and unfortunately Steve will be staying in Des Moines for another week of work there. We are beyond tired of him working back in Iowa, that's for sure. However, we are grateful he has a job! So, we're both trying to keep a good attitude and walk this thing out. I'll just be glad when he's home all the time again and we actually get to see him every night!Brennan's at camp again, so he won't be going with us to Iowa. That's so wierd. We definitely miss him, but know he's having a great time and this is a great summer for him. :) We'll be back in Iowa next month again for my brother's wedding, so he'll get to go with us then.
Hope you all have a great weekend celebrating FREEDOM! :) I know there's a lot of things here in the states that are frustrating, but I tell you -- after being in Cuba a couple years ago -- I truly am grateful to be living here in the USA. We take so much for granted here and I'm grateful for the men and women who have fought for our freedom throughout the years!
No comments:
Post a Comment