The other day I met a lady in Pilates and we started talking and found out we are both originally from Iowa. She's from Dubuque, but her husband is from Des Moines, so she knew right where Ankeny was, etc. It was a nice connection. :) Anyway, she asked how long we'd been here and I said, "Six Months". But, later I was reviewing the conversation in my head and realized I'd made a huge mistake. It's been TEN months! I guess I didn't realize how much time has gone by and had gotten used to saying six months to so many people. Wow -- we've been here almost a year! That's so hard to believe!
On one hand it seems like yesterday that we left Iowa. I still miss 'home' and all my friends, family, and everything I knew as 'normal'. The days some times seem to 'crawl' by as we continue to settle in here. It's truly hard to believe it's been almost a year.
And, yet on the other hand, it seems like we've been here a lot longer than ten months. We've settled into a 'routine' and a 'new normal' and time seems to be flying by.
I look back over the past 10 months and it's truly been one of the most difficult of my life. Not THE most difficult, but one of them. It's been emotionally difficult and physically difficult. And, yet as I was reading back through my diary/journal of the past year I can also look back and see the faithfulness of God and His love and pursuit of our hearts. We are growing in love and learning to trust day-by-day, step-by-step......God is faithfully maturing our hearts and drawing us deeper into His heart...and for that reason alone, there is no other place I'd rather be. Have your way in us, Jesus! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment