Thursday, May 22, 2008

IZEA

I've had several people ask me about my IZEA job, so I thought I'd write a post explaining a bit more of what I've been hired to do. It's sort of hard to explain, but I'll try and you can ask questions if I don't explain it well enough! :)

You can read more about the company here: www.izea.com

Their original company was 'PayPerPost', where bloggers could be hired to post for certain companies. They would post an 'advertisement' or 'review' post about a company's product and be paid so much for the review.

Well, recently Izea launched "Social Spark", which is more of an online 'community' of bloggers and advertisers. More of a 'web connection' for the blogger community and the advertising community. Bloggers can be hired through here to do work and advertisers can recruit bloggers, etc.

So, what I was hired to do is this: when someone wants to be a part of either PPP or SS, they have to be approved. Meaning, their blog has to pass the 'review team' and meet the requirements of Izea. For example: they have to be in English, they have to be a certain age and have so many posts within a certain time frame, they have to be 'family-friendly' with nothing inappropriate, they have to have a list of chronological archives, etc. So, my job is to take the blogs that come in and be their 'first line of defense'. If they pass my inspection (and other reviewers) then they can post on a 'trial' basis and have their posts approved by other reviewers.

They hired about 6 of us to work outside of the normal business hours to help keep up. At first things were a bit 'crazy' as Social Spark was just launched about a month ago. But, now things are running smoothly, thankfully. I just log in to the reviewer's site, use my password, download as many blogs as I want to review at a time, and voila -- I have an 'at-home' job that I enjoy doing and can be in my robe, drinking coffee while doing it!Caffeine I'm really grateful for this opportunity because I wanted to be able to help bring in a little bit of income, but didn't want to be away all day while my kids are still young. So, this is a great way to mix the best of both worlds. I only do it for 2-3 hours per day, so it's not overly taxing.

Then I am 2 mornings at the Y, which is a nice combination. I get to be in the gym, in the environment I love, and be out with people, too. :)

So, that's kinda what Izea is -- again, check out their web site for more information. Or if you have a blog -- sign up -- I am totally amazed at the amount of money people make blogging! Honestly, at first, I wasn't sure there'd be that much of a demand. But, there is! Just this morning, we had 650 blogs to review in PPP and another 160 in SS! That's just what was ready this morning for 6 reviewers and then as we review them, more are constantly coming in! It's truly amazing. This company has been around for almost 3 years, and I think they're defnitely on to something. I'm thankful to be a part of it! :)

No comments: