Saturday, March 22, 2008

Weekend Change...

Well, unfortunately our weekend has not gone as planned. My parents and Grandma came in last night, which was awesome. It was so great to see them again. However, Steve started not feeling well yesterday and by this morning, he was running a fever, coughing, and just generally feeling awful. Sick In Bed So, he spent all morning in bed. After being so thankful that we seemed to have dodged the flu this year....it hit. :( I can't remember the last time Steve was this sick. I mean, he's just not the type to stay in bed unless he's pretty sick.

My parents decided to 'avoid' what they could and promptly leave and head back to Iowa. We totally understand, and Steve felt so badly that he had to get sick when they were here. :( But, such is life sometimes. It just would have been great to have them here the whole weekend, as planned. :(

In other news:

I had an interview this morning and was hired! Yep -- I'm headed back to work part-time. A new YMCA Express is opening really close to our house, so I interviewed today and was hired. :) I'll be initially working 20 hours a week at the front desk/membership representative. And, when I want to get back into training, they said just to let them know and they'll help me transition that way again. I'm excited about getting back into the gym atmosphere again! :) And, with this being a brand new Y, that's extra nice, too! :)

3 comments:

dbanderman said...

that's so great to find a new place to work and do training. i know it will be a blessing to you and all those that you help to achieve their goals.

Anonymous said...

Ugh! I'm so sorry to hear your parents had to head back home! Hopefully Steve feels better soon and no one else gets it!

Congratulations on your new job! Hurray!

Dena said...

I'm sorry to hear you are so sick Steve. My girls have both had the same thing. Knock on wood, so far they are the only ones to have it. I hope you feel better soon!

Sorry Mom, Dad & Grandma couldn't stick around longer.