One of my somewhat 'secretive' issues came right to the forefront, raring it's ugly head...
I got sick......really sick.

You see, here's the deal: I took Chester in because 1) It was time for all his vaccinations, heartworm medicine, flea medicine, etc. His annual check-up basically. and 2) Every since we got him 3 years ago, he's had a small bump on his head. Well, we've noticed recently, that it seemed to be getting bigger, so we wanted to have it checked to make sure it wasn't life-threatening. So, after discussing it all with the Vet, he says he's not too concerned, but thinks it's probably just a cyst and will take a small sample and check it. So what does he do?
Pulls out a needle and punctures it and out comes the blood........uh....oh! I DO NOT do blood or the thought of anyone being in pain. I have the weakest stomach imagineable! So, as soon as I see the blood, I got really hot........so, I took off my vest, hoping beyond hope that I could control myself. But, to no avail....
All of a sudden sweat starts trickling down my back (now, explain something to me -- why am I struggling to sweat when I workout, but here in the vet's office, I can sweat? go figure!). I knew I needed to do something quick or I'd faint or vomit! The vet leaves to check the sample and I open the door and motion to the receptionist to come in and she comes in with Chester and I take off for the bathroom! I go in, close the door, sit down, and break out in a cold sweat, feel dizzy, and so sick to my stomach. On one hand I'm mortified and embarassed beyond embarassed at meeting a new Vet and getting sick! And, on the other hand I'm actually encouraged that I CAN at least sweat! :)
So, I stay in there awhile, put cold water on my neck, wrists, and try to straighten out my shirt, which is wet with some sweat! Ugh! Finally, I walk back to the room to face the staff. And, the doc asks me if I'm ok........ugh.......no, not so much. :)
They were absolutely GREAT about it all and assured me that others have come in and felt the same way. He told me next time I could just leave Chester in the room and not even be in there, if I wanted. Thankfully they had already done his shots while I was trying to compose myself in the bathroom. So, all we had to do was pay and get out of there. I was so humiliated, I just wanted to run out the door! They watched me walk all the way to my car -- I think they weren't sure yet that I was ok! LOL
So.......that was my interesting morning! Sigh.....any sense of pride was lost in that vet's office! lol
1 comment:
did u go to the vet by pride cleaners? they were always super good with saber. im sorry that u felt so bad while u were there...
on the other hand, all u have to do now is think about chester and giant syringes while u work out and watch the sweat do its work...kidding, that was insensitive..:)...so biologically, ur sweat response was functioning normally due to the release of epinephrine (adrenaline) which caused ur sweating, increased heart rate, etc etc. now if we can only get that sweat response during a good quality workout!
Post a Comment