Sunday, March 16, 2008

Laptop

Well, we finally took the drive to Best Buy yesterday to find out whether or not our laptop could be fixed (remember -- the one I dropped! Crying 1). And, sadly -- it cannot. Well, it CAN -- but we're looking at $400-800 depending on exactly what it is. They couldn't get it to turn on, of course, so they'd have to send it away. But, the tech said that it was probably the motherboard, but wasn't sure. But, he said it wouldn't probably be worth fixing it, since the whole computer was only about $600, as we'd gotten it on sale. I was so bummed, as I was really hoping they could fix it. It's only a little over a year old. And, no -- we did not have a warranty, as someone thought that was unnecessary -- WE LEARNED!

So, I'm tied to the desktop for awhile. I missed the laptop so much! You don't realize how used to that you get until you go back to the 'ancient' way! We have other things to pay for -- like braces -- so we probably won't make it a priority right away, but I'm hoping we can get another one soon!

1 comment:

dbanderman said...

sorry to hear about the laptop. i dont think i can ever go back to a desktop. they are just so convenient. my best friend jamie, her husband brian works for IBM's laptop division and he can get any laptop at cost. i dont know what the price ranges of his laptops are but it might be a lot cheaper than the discount stores. i think you have jamie's email. it never hurts to ask.